How annoying! Once not paying attention and zack – already the eye shadow is on the floor. But do not panic! With these tips you can repair the eye shadow.
Everyone knows the situation: one is full of stress in the bathroom in front of the mirror, has an appointment or a date and tries to make up in a hurry. Hasty gets caught in the makeup case – and then it happens: The favorite eye shadow falls in slow motion on the bathroom floor and shatters into a thousand crumbled parts.
Sure, now you can break out into a howling tadpole, get on your knees and painstakingly gather all crumbled crumbs, then dispose of them in the trash can. But you can save your broken eye shadow as well. How it works? Very easily. We’ll tell you step-by-step how to fix your crumpled eye shadow.
Repair eye shadow: That’s what you need for it
To save your broken eye shadow, powder, or blush, you’ll need about ten minutes of time and the following utensils you’ll probably have at home:
- high percentage of alcohol that you can buy at the pharmacy. Alternatively, you can also grab Vodka
- a pipette for dosing the alcohol or a spoon
- a cup or small container that you can use to mix the powder pigments
- a spatula to mix the crumbled eye shadow or rouge crumbs
- a coin or an object that can be used to crush the broken paint particles
- a paper handkerchief
Repair eye shadows – that’s how it works:
- Step: First, transfer all crumbled powder pigments to a small bowl or jar and use the spatula to chop them to a powder. By the way, the finer the powder, the easier it is to mix and repair the eye shadow with the alcohol.
- Step: Now use the pipette to add a few drops of alcohol to the powder and make the mixture into a creamy porridge. Tip: If you do not have a pipette, take half a teaspoon of alcohol.
- Step: Then you can use the spatula in the eye shadow container to return the moist eye shadow porridge and smooth it out.
- Step: Now you wrap the coin or a similar object corresponding to the eye shadow shape in a paper tissue and press it onto the powder. This gives you a smooth surface and the alcohol is sucked out of the eye shadow. You can repeat the pressing several times.
- Step: Finally, let it dry well and wait for the alcohol to evaporate. Now your favorite eye shadow is ready for action again!
Beauty Tip: Incidentally, this method repairs any powdered product such as eye shadow, blush or powder that has been broken or crumbled.
And: make new nail polish from old eye shadow? Sounds crazy, but it is also possible! Otherwise you can hide your hairline with the broken eye shadow or make highlighter yourself. Cool, right?